Luna Silk Bath and Beauty Products

  A few weeks ago I received a message from a friend of mine that I met while we were both modeling for a local fashion designer and mutual acquaintance.  Sonya Miller, a charming and stylish gal that always looks perfectly put together, has been in the beauty business for over twenty years.  Working as a hair stylist and later making the leap into business owner, I was so excited to hear from Sonya about her new line of bath and beauty products within her company, Luna Silk, Inc.  

Luna Silk, Inc. already provides high quality support products to salon owners, including hair extensions and Sasakki Scissors.  When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, Sonya had time to start reflecting on where she spends her money and what the products in her own bathroom look like.  Full of fillers, diluted, and with artificial ingredients, Sonya realized that the mass produced lotions, soaps, and bath products that many of us use are not worth the money we pay.  After contacting a friend she met while receiving her fine arts degree at Southern Illinois University, the pair began work on the product launch for Luna Silk’s new bath products.  

I was fortunate enough to sample some of the luxurious products and let me tell you, they are the epitome of pampering.  With scents you would not believe and high quality ingredients, Luna Silk is onto something with these soaps, lotions, and bath teas.  Made with natural products such as shea butter and Kokum butter macadamia, palm, and coconut oils, and a multitude of essential oils, the beauty products immediately caught my eye with their beautiful appearance but appeal to the senses of smell and touch, too.  

I sampled the six bar soaps currently manufactured by Luna Silk, which include Freudian Slip, Cool as a Cuc, Cherry-Oh!, Lemon Poppyseed, Beezus, Tall Dark & Handsome, and Texas Tea.  

Freudian Slip, although geared towards men, appealed to me with its warm scent of patchouli.  It has a clean finish and served as a perfume for the remainder of my day without being overwhelming.  The dark gray and maroon swirls make it a beautiful bar to display in a powder room or near the bathtub.

Lemon Poppyseed was by far the most delicious soap, with a lovely exfoliating effect from the poppyseeds and the most delicate, creamy texture to go with the refreshing scent.  As one of the premium soaps in the line, along with Cherry-Oh! and Cool as a Cuc, it is a treat to use. Its layers of ingredients are stunning, with a dark gold layer on bottom, lemon poppyseeds in the middle, and a crisp white layer on top.  These soaps are seriously a work of art.  

As a longtime fan of all things cherry, Cherry-Oh! was another that especially appealed to me.  The ivory colored soap adorned with pale red dots is an invigorating yet intoxicating product full of a distinct and robust cherry almond scent.  This one is so feminine and I wanted to use it throughout my entire day just to relive the delightful experience.


.  

Photo by: Nina Wilson 


Cool as a Cuc lived up to its moniker and provided a refreshing, invigorating experience after a long run one morning when I truly needed something cool to go about my day.  The plant essence and cucumber scent was a light and airy affair with a subtle scent that lasted throughout the day and kept me feeling rejuvenated.  

If I could choose just one product to use every single day it would be the Lemon Poppyseed Scrub.  I have used many exfoliating scrubs in my life but this was the most organic product in texture and scent that I have encountered.  Much like the scent of the Lemon Poppyseed bar soap, the scrub is even more tantalizing with its strong lemon scent.  The poppyseeds provide a perfect amount of cleansing without being harsh or damaging the skin.  It left me with a smooth, clean finish while also providing a moisturizing effect so much so that I did not need lotion that morning.  It smells good enough to eat, this one.


 

Photo by: Nina Wilson 


The lotions at Luna Silk will make you rethink every lotion you have ever purchased.  Sole Salvation and Mental Pause are the two tub lotions from Luna Silk while the Shiny Bee Lotion Bar is an innovative product that really surprised me.

Sole Salvation although meant to soothe and renew tired feet, can be used on the entire body.  I applied it in the morning, as I exercise at night, so the effects would last me throughout the day and aid in recovery from my evening activities.  The lotion is unbelievably creamy and thick but with a clean finish.  I didn’t have to wait for the lotion to soak in on my feet.  The menthol and mint instantly revived my legs and feet and left me with some extra pep in my step.  

Mental Pause, with the calming scent of lavender, is fluffy and light with the proper amount of moisture.  I used it three or four times throughout the day I sampled it as the scent truly does provide a respite from the stress of the day andI found I wanted to apply it to my neck, hands, arms, shoulders, and legs to not only stay supple all day but receive the benefits of the essential oils. 


 

Photo by: Nina Wilson 


The Shiny Bee Lotion Bar was a really fun and innovative product that I just loved.  The cute little bee shaped bar of lotion is easy to apply and has a refreshing scent of lemony goodness.  Just a quick application of the bar to any spot on the body provides instant moisture that soaks in quick and doesn’t just sit on the surface.  

The final product I sampled was the Holistic Garden bath soak and as a person who doesn’t usually take baths, I may now be a believer.  Many bath bombs, salts, and liquids seem full of mass produced, low quality ingredients that bother my sensitive skin and have an overpowering, artificial scent.  The Holistic Garden product is made up of epsom salt, sea minerals, rose buds, lavender flowers and essential oil, Hawaiian salt, and orange essential oil.  The soak has an organic appearance and scent and created a bath time experience that was a spa treatment after a long, eventful weekend with my family.  

The Luna Silk bath and beauty products are available for sale at Hairbangers Salon in Energy, Illinois and are soon to be featured at other small salons in the region.  If pure, well made lotions, soaps, scrubs, and bath items are something you indulge in regularly, or if you are looking for the perfect gift for someone special in your life, I urge you to explore the handcrafted items at Luna Silk, Inc.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Iron Whisk - Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch with Flair!

Coffee Shop Series: Cold Blooded Coffee & Roastery